Regardless of where you presently reside – your own home or a rented apartment, selecting the right furniture cannot be overlooked. Nevertheless, picking the right furniture can be daunting, especially when it is a new home. Below are few tips that really work.
1. Select a Theme that Appeals to You: Try to make it align with your current values. Also, opt for colours that will project these value to you and everyone that enters your home.
2. Choose Evergreen over Trendy/ Seasonal Furniture: This could be costlier, but you don’t want to start replacing you furniture after a while. Some furniture are made for a certain time and season. These will soon become old-fashioned; therefore, try as much as you can to reconsider your option if they are presented to you.
3. Take Necessary Measurements: You will need to take measurements of your doors and space to ensure the furniture will fit through at delivery, and to prevent choking up your space with furniture.
4. Make it Functional: Determine how each room will be accessible and used before you get the furniture. In that regard, if the space wouldn’t allow some types of furniture, get smaller ones.
5. Go for Durable Furniture: Many people make the mistake of selecting inferior furniture in the name of getting trendy products. Talk of being penny wise. If you do that, you will spend more in the long run as you will have to replace them sooner than planned.
6. Complement the Furniture: After investing in the furniture, get small ones that will complement the bigger pieces.
Good furnishing depends on how much work you’re ready to put into it. It is therefore imperative that you get prepared to go the extra mile. .
All images from pixabay.
Follow @masterbuildafrica on Instagram.